Our mission is to provide a professional communication service which caters for the special requirements of the print handicapped (i.e. people with literacy problems, vision impairments, physical disabilities, intellectual disabilities, or English as a second language) with a strong emphasis on information, education and entertainment.
- To provide a radio service that responds to the needs of the Print Handicapped and so enable them to access a wide range of vital information.
- To bring the world of print to people who, for reasons of Age, Disability or Literacy problems, experience difficulties with printed information.
- To close the information gap experienced by Print Handicapped people, and to provide support services for the print handicapped through the broadcasting of appropriate quality material to enable our clients to interact fully and effectively within the community.
- To meet the needs of the more than 250,000 people with:
- To research and identify the needs of the Print Handicapped.
- To prepare, develop, produce and communicate material for the Print Handicapped to ensure that our programs are beneficial to our clients, and meet their needs.
- To establish associated links with educational institutions, cultural and service organisations that will enable RPH Brisbane to fulfil its mission by encouraging active participation and support.
- To operate and maintain a quality 24 hour communication service.
- To operate and maintain a working environment (i.e. tools, equipment and training) that encourages the active participation of volunteers in the provision of our services and their personal and professional development.
a) Literacy problems
b) Vision impairments
c) Physical disabilities
d) Intellectual disabilities
e) ESL (English as a Second Language)